The Institution has provided hostel facility for the needy students separately for Boys and Girls. The hostels haves well staffed and modernized mess and other facilities available.
The following rules shall be applicable to the boarders who are granted admissions in this Institution:-
1. The accommodation in the hostel shall be provided to the students who belong to far flung areas after observing formalities.
2. Students desirous of seeking admission in the hostel (separately for boys and girls) shall apply for allotment of hostel on proper form.
3. Every boarder shall strictly abide by the rules to maintain discipline and homely atmosphere in the hostel.
4. Every student joining Institute of Dental Sciences Sehora Jammu who intends to reside in the Hostel shall be assigned seat (subject to availability) in the Hostel by the Principal of the Institute, Warden shall look after day to day management of the hostel under the directions of Principal.
5. At the time of admission to the hostel the student must show the receipt(s) of hostel fee/room rent etc. paid to the Accounts Branch before the possession of room is handed over to the concerned boarder.
6. The boarder shall be held collectively/individually responsible for any loss or damage to the hostel property including furniture, fixtures, electricity and sanitary fittings in the rooms, toilets, bathrooms, common room dinning room etc.They are also expected to keep their rooms and surroundings clean.
7. All lights and fans must be switched off before leaving the room, failing which, fine can be imposed.
8. The Boarders shall not be allowed to use electric heaters or any other electrical appliances in their rooms or in any part of the hostel building without permission and payment of extra electric charges as may be prescribed by the Principal.
9. Boarders shall not keep expensive / gold items in their rooms. Incase of theft of any such items the Institution shall not be responsible.
10. No student shall be rough to the Mess Contractor/employees. Any compliant against defaulting hostel employee can be made to the Warden for appropriate action.
11. Boarders are strictly forbidden to utilize hostel servants as private servants or to strike, interfere with or abuse them in any way. No excuse whatsoever will be accepted for the breach of this rule. All complaints against hostel servants should be brought to the notice of the Warden, who will investigate and take appropriate action.
12. The gate provided in the hostels shall be locked at 8:00 P.M in summer and 7:00 P.M in winter.
13. A student expelled from the hostel shall not be re-admitted in the hostel.
14. All the boarders shall clear their mess/canteen dues by 10th of every month failing which they may be debarred to use mess/canteen facilities.
15. Boarders who want to go home for any reason shall be granted permission by Principal as well as the Warden on receipt of a specific request from the parents/Local guardian of the boarder.
16. Normally no boarder shall be allowed to remain outside the hostel after 7P.M in winter and 8 P.M in summer. However on account of special reasons to the satisfaction of the warden and local guardian , a boarder may be allowed to remain outside the hostel beyond the prescribed hours after obtaining an out pass which shall indicate the name of the boarder , date , time of Departure and time of expected arrival. A register shall also be maintained for the purpose which besides the entries in out pass shall also indicate the actual time of boarder's return to the hostel.
17. Incase of emergency the warden may break open the lock of boarder's room in the presence of prefect and one more student/Official.
18. At the time of admission to the hostel, their parents shall write to the Principal the names of relations who would visit the Boarders. The relationship of such persons should specifically be mentioned including their complete address and also if the boarder can visit or not their house and stay with them during short holidays.
19. No non-resident student/visitor shall enter in the hostel without permission of concerned warden.
20. The religious functions may be celebrated in presence of the Warden.
21. Illness must be reported to the warden by the student concerned at once.
22. Before admission to the hostel , each boarder shall give an undertaking that he/she shall not keep any unauthorized person in his/her room and that if he/she is found keeping such a person without prior permission of the hostel authorities, he/she shall be liable for summary expulsion.
23. All maters concerning indiscipline of boarders shall come before the disciplinary committee which after careful consideration may impose any of the following punishments:
- Explusion from the hostel.
- Fine up to Rs.1000/-
- Recovery of cost of damaged property.
- Reprimand / warning.
23 Hostel Administration Committee
- Trust Representative
- Student representative --- two
25. All punishments imposed shall be intimated to the parents/guardians of the boarders concerned.
26. The college Administration may appoint Assistant warden/Manager in the hostel to assist the warden. All the boarders shall obey orders of the Asstt. Warden /Manager as well.
27. Ragging is a crime. Any boarder indulging in ragging shall be liable for expulsion from the hostel/Institution forthwith. 28. Boarders shall not create any disturbance or nuisance for their fellow boarders by loudly playing the music, radios or shouting.
29. Discovery of any lethal weapons or fire arms on the person or in the possession of a boarder shall invite summary expulsion from the college as well as hostel besides other legal action.
30. Boarders who do not observe the above rules may make themselves liable to fine or summary expulsion. 31. Any point not covered by these rules shall be decided by the Principal.
32. Any boarder who decides to leave the hostel with the due written permission of parents, only mess charges shall be refund on request for the remaining period. The hostel rent once paid shall not be refunded.